Cornerstone Hydro Electric Concepts
CHEC Finance and Regulatory Position
November 11, 2019
This is an exciting opportunity to not only manage the overall financial operations of CHEC, but also to truly contribute as a senior strategic leader for the member LDCs. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing assistance, guidance and alternative solutions to member LDCs on financial, regulatory and cost of service issues associated with the operations of member LDCs and provide financial/accounting support services for the operation of the Association.
While our main office is located in Barrie, our team operates from virtual, home-based offices, and we stay connected through regular meetings, and the use of a wide array of technology.
If you are a creative, practical and resourceful finance leader looking to bring your professionalism, expertise and passion to our team, this is the opportunity for you.
- Develop, review and update common financial policies and procedures in conjunction with member volunteers.
- Provide assistance, guidance and recommendations on implementation of financial policies and procedures.
- Remain current on regulatory issues, changes and potential changes in regulatory direction, maintain Association Member awareness of same and recommend potential actions.
- Develop, review and revise financial models as required and assist members in their application.
- Oversee the accounting practices of the Association including maintaining monthly financial records and reports.
- Represent CHEC on industry committees and present consolidated view on behalf of members.
- Lead Request for Proposals as required.
- Organize and lead the CHEC’s Finance/Regulatory Committee Meetings and any associated working groups.
- Complete other duties and responsibilities assigned by the President.
- A degree in Business Administration and/or knowledge of the regulated utility environment; Professional Accounting Designation or MBA considered an asset.
- 5 to 7 years finance experience.
- Familiar with operations in a regulated industry beneficial.
- Excellent interpersonal skills leading to successful interactions with a diverse group (Regulators, members, associates, suppliers).
- Strategic thinker who can assess options and actions based on trends and conditions in the industry.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellence in client service – Understand individual client needs (including and beyond specific projects) helping to ensuring success in their roles.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on multiple projects while remaining adaptable to change and meeting deadlines.
- Comfortable with a distributed work model and the use of technology to facilitate continuous collaboration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office and equivalent programs. Knowledge of computer operating procedures.
- Valid Class “G” Driver’s Licence in good standing and reliable vehicle for travel.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Work conducted in a virtual office with travel to attend committee and other meetings.
- Physical demands require no undue fatigue regarding sitting, standing and walking.
- Travel to Committee Meetings and LDC sites.
The position will require travel to member LDC facilities or meeting locations with overnight stays. Personal transportation required for travel to these various locations with expenses to be covered as per the CHEC Travel and Expense Policy.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com December 2nd 2019 at 5:00pm.