Cornerstone Hydro Electric Concepts
Director, Engineering and Operations – Lakefront Utility Services
August 19, 2020
Lakefront Utility Services Inc. (LUSI) is currently searching for a highly motivated, results oriented individual for the position of Director, Engineering and Operations. Reporting to the President & CEO, this position will provide leadership, direction and support to a small team of technical staff and have accountability for all aspects of distribution system asset management, including short and long-term planning and design, system capacity forecasting, metering, customer connections and operations, and will ensure work is completed in a timely manner in accordance with the OEB, IESO, ESA, Measurement Canada and the policies and procedures set out by LUSI.
- Manage the construction and maintenance of the overhead and underground electric distribution system;
- Prepare and execute distribution system plans, including capital, maintenance and metering;
- Establish capital budgets and create schedules for the electric distribution system in the areas of expansions, connections and enhancements;
- Design distribution system customer connections, including cost estimates, offer-to-connects, work order and municipal approval packages, material lists, tenders and RFP’s, etc.;
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of work, maintenance of work schedules and safety of all personnel working under their supervision, and the safety of the public;
- Manage the construction and verification program, ensuring work completion with established construction, material standards and specifications for the electric distribution system, in compliance with O. Reg 22/04;
- Manage the capital workflow processes ensuring the optimum efficiency in delivering expansion, connection and enhancement projects in the Distribution Department;
- Ensure there are processes in place to provide a timely and effective response to system breakdowns and outages;
- Develop work procedures and quality controls related to the electric distribution department;
- Administer and facilitate the connection of distributed energy resources to the electric distribution system including interfacing on all aspects from connection requirements to commissioning;
- Establish and maintain construction and material standards and specifications for the electric distribution system;
- Develop long range planning studies, including research of load growth patterns for capacity and guidelines for new development including Conditions of Service;
- Manage the electric metering assets and daily operations which includes maintaining and prioritizing work plans for meter re-verification, new meter installs, meter communication issues, electronic meter programming, records, etc.;
- Manage the operation, updating and maintenance of the distribution GIS, SCADA, and utility owned fiber network;
- Coordinate safe and efficient work practices and procedures of all staff and external contract resources in the execution of the distribution system capital and maintenance plan;
- Engage your team to innovate and evolve the electric distribution system capabilities through automation, enhanced optimization, and provide recommendations for further efficiencies and performance;
- Prepare reports for and attend board meetings updating the progress, performance and objectives;
- Overall asset management, including fleet, stores and related equipment;
- Processing of time sheets, vacation requests and employee expenses;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Engineering Technologist Diploma with C.E.T. designation and a registered member of OACETT and/or Professional Engineer with Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering and registered in the province of Ontario;
- A minimum of ten years of electrical engineering management experience in an electric distribution utility environment;
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of an electric utility distribution system, specifically with respect to the design and operation of overhead and underground distribution systems, metering systems and generator connections;
- Working knowledge of technical specifications and standards including CSA, CEA, ESA and IHSA regulations;
- Demonstrated knowledge of GIS, SCADA, OMS, AMI software systems, AutoCAD drafting and MS Office applications;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a technical team of staff members, facilitating growth, development and commitment;
- Fluency in Project Management disciplines to manage project scope, budget and schedules;
- An ability to manage effectively in a team environment and to coordinate multiple projects to meet deadlines.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Collective Agreement and company policies;
- Sound understanding of Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, (OH&SA) EUSR book and Safe Practice Guides, Utility Work Protection Code (UWPC), Temporary Conditions, Book 7, and any other applicable legislation.
This is a non-union position and salary is commensurable with qualifications and experience. We offer an excellent working environment, competitive compensation and benefit package, pension plan and opportunities for development. Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on September 18th, 2020 to the attention of Human
Resources, 207 Division Street, PO Box 577, Cobourg, ON, K9A 4L3 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org We thank all candidates in
advance for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection Privacy Act, the information gathered is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended. LUSI is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.