Cornerstone Hydro Electric Concepts
CHEC Releases 2018 Annual
December 20, 2019
December 20, 2019, Barrie, ON– Cornerstone Hydro Electric Concepts (CHEC) is pleased to announce the release of the 2018 Annual Report, Achievement Through Collaboration. It is the fourth annual report produced by the Association and illustrates the Association’s continued ability to adapt to industry changes and provide timely and relevant supports to our members.
“At the end of my first full year with the Association, I continue to be impressed by the hard work and resource development that occurs within our organization,” said John Sherin, CHEC President.
Highlights from the report include achievements across all activities within the Association including providing a strong, collective voice; responding to change; delivering tools and expertise; reducing costs and streamlining processes; and anticipating the future.
· The valuation of the annual CHEC membership at $243,927 per member LDC;
· Annual Savings of $127,000 through the CHEC/UCS partnership;
· Participating in the OEB Approach to Innovation Working Group and responding to the report on the Advisory Committee for Innovation;
· The Cybersecurity initiative that addresses the OEB Cyber Security Framework;
· The delivery of the Drug (including Cannabis) and Alcohol policy;
· 24 new energy management customers and 45 new CDM projects and incentive applications;
· Completion of an industry-wide survey to inform strategic planning for the Association.
The Association is proud of its continued ability to respond to change and provide the support and services that our members need, and that change is likely to continue for the foreseeable future.
“What continues to be a constant in the Association is the hard work of the members and the staff to meet these challenges head on in a collaborative supportive environment. Through the constant contact and teamwork, the Association has achieved a level of knowledge and expertise that is unique to the Ontario Electrical Industry,” John Walsh, Chair of the CHEC Board of Directors.
For the full report see Annual Report
CHEC is a collaborative association for 18 small Local Distribution Companies in Ontario. By sharing experience, knowledge and resources CHEC helps its LDCs remain as active members of their communities and provide safe, efficient, and cost effective electricity distribution to their customers. The current members of CHEC are Centre Wellington Hydro, EPCOR Ontario, ERTH Power, Fort Frances Power, Grimsby Power, InnPower, Lakefront Utilities, Lakeland Power, Niagara-on-the-Lake Hydro, Newmarket-Tay Hydro, Orangeville Hydro, Orillia Power, Ottawa River Power, Renfrew Hydro, Rideau St. Lawrence Distribution, Tillsonburg Hydro, Wasaga Distribution, and Wellington North Power.